Achieve Lifestyle have been working alongside Runnymede Access Liason Group (RALG) to provide an inclusive environment for swimmers with disabilities, by making the new swimming pools at Egham Orbit as accessible as possible. Achieve Lifestyle have also partnered with Runnymede Disabled Swimmers (RDS) to offer Runnymede residents with restricted mobility the opportunity to swim in a safe and friendly environment.
Egham Orbit is facilitating the disabled community of Runnymede by providing:
- Swimming in both the main pool and the smaller pool, as both have movable floors, to provide accessible swimming for both adults and children.
- Dedicated pool-changing rooms for people with limited mobility with great access to all poolside areas.
- Wheelchair storage on poolside
- Adjustable height handrail in the small pool.
- Accessible parking
- Hoists for entry/exit into all pools including the spa pool
Egham Orbit uses the Handimove mobile pool lift:
- Transfers directly from wheelchair to water
- Rotates 360 degrees
- Easy to position
- Accommodates both the body support and slings
Would you benefit from exercising in water?
Egham Constellations (previously Runnymede Disabled Swimmers) are a transport group founded in 2016 with the purpose of assisting the disabled people of Runnymede to exercise in an accessible pool. They are at Egham Orbit every Tuesday 11.30am-1pm. Members are able to swim or exercise in a less weight-bearing environment.
Transport is provided by minibus from your door to the pool and back, and assistance is given for you to access the swim session and be looked after in the water. Assistance with changing can be arranged, subject to your needs. There is availability of a hoist, plinth, pool chairs and buoyancy aids.
Egham Constellations are a very friendly bunch of people who operate as a social group of members and associate members (volunteers) who work together to ensure the smooth running of our sessions. Their members have various physical disabilities caused by conditions such as Stroke, MS, blindness, broken backs or recuperation from knee/hip problems etc.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact:
Jonathan Fisher (Chairman) 01784 435622
Pauline Carter (Treasurer) 01344 845787