Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following required information:
- Full name and contact details (email / telephone / address)
- Full name and age of child or specific adult lesson
- Details of the current swim level of the participant if they are transferring from another swim school
A Direct Debit will be taken on the 1st of each month. Any lessons that take place before the first Direct Debit payment must be paid for separately (using Cash or Card).
You will receive an automatic confirmation email once you are on the system with all of the Direct Debit & Pro Rata payment details.
NB: All required forms must be completed and returned before we can book your child onto the course.
The minimum period of contract is 3 full monthly payments (essentially a term of swimming lessons).
Swimming lessons will continue by Direct Debit on a monthly basis, unless a written notice of termination is received.
We require a minimum of 1 month's notice to cancel a Direct Debit. This would be in addition to the 3 month minimum contract period.
- Please meet the swimming teacher at the pick-up and drop off point by the entrances to poolside at the start and end of the lessons. To help with health and safety, we would ask that you do not arrive too early and stand blocking the area - please arrive just a few minutes before the start of the lesson. Children should not be left alone at the pick-up and drop off points and should be accompanied by an adult at all times. Please note: No outdoor shoes are allowed in the changing village area.
- We have a viewing area for the small pool lessons by the café. For main pool lessons, parents can watch from the spectator viewing area which is behind the lifeguard chair (to gain access please go back through Reception). Parents spectating the lessons are not permitted on poolside.
- Parents must be available in the event their child needs to use the toilet, as our teachers are unable to take them.
- Parents are requested to be available during lessons in case of any emergency.
Swimwear should be specifically designed for swimming, comfortably tight fitting to allow full freedom of limb and body movement and secondly that it must not cause any form of drag or water resistance. This will aid both safety and the learning experience. Pupils may wear a fitted rash tee in the water (t-shirts restrict movement and are discouraged from being worn as swimming attire).
Boys – jammer, square trunk/shorts, above the knee, and must be secure enough to stay put while jumping into the water (ideally not board shorts as this can affect their kicking).
Girls – A full one piece costume.
Children may wear googles (not masks with nose covered pieces), as long as the child can put the googles on themselves and maintain them. The swim teacher would like to avoid disrupting class time and pupils maybe asked to remove them if they are providing a distraction. Swim Teachers may ask children to remove them for certain skills (unless there is a medical reason for goggles to be worn).
A coloured swimming hat will be issued when joining swim school and new hats will be issued when transferring to the next teaching stage. Lost or broken hats can be replaced by purchasing a new hat from reception at a fee of £3.00. Children must wear their hats to lessons.
- Swimming costume/trunks (for both yourself and your child if appropriate)
- Swimming hat
- Goggles (optional)
- Hair bands (if required)
- £1 or padlcok for locker
- Swim nappies for Baby lessons
- For more advanced levels, please ensure your child brings water to drink during the swim lesson
Achieve Lifestyle follows strict guidelines as laid down by Swim England in relation to teacher to pupil ratios.
At Achieve Lifestyle we aim to keep all of our classes to lower than this.
Adult / Child lessons 1:12 (that is 12 pairs; adult and baby to teacher)
Small Pool 1:6
Main Pool 1:8
*In certain circumstances it may be possible in the main pool to have more than 10 pupils in a class, for example swimmers in a higher Stage or in the small pool where an assistant teacher is present.
Our pools are kept at a temperature ranging from 28 – 29 degrees Celsius for the main pool and 30-31 degrees Celsius for the small pool.
If holidays are planned over lesson time we do not refund or offer a catch up lessons unfortunately. It is advised to plan and consider this before booking.
Our team of swimming teachers hold nationally accredited Swim England or Swimming Teachers Association Certificates, along with current first aid and DBS checks. All teachers that teach infant or disability lessons hold specialised qualifications.
The swim teacher should have a good idea of whether or not a pupil is signed up for the appropriate level after the first day. If you have any questions regarding level placement, please speak to the swim team. If a swim teacher feels a pupil is in the wrong level, the pupil may be transferred to the appropriate level, space permitting.
No, photography isn’t allowed during swimming lessons. There is no guarantee of other children not appearing in your photograph, and therefore we cannot allow the use of any photographic equipment in or around the pool hall during this time.
In the event that you are unable to attend a lesson, we are unable to offer you a make up lesson unfortunately.
In the case of a serious illness or operation a doctor’s note must be provided - each case will be considered individually.
In the unlikely event of the pool not being available for us to use due to a technical difficulties or health and safety issues, we would offer you credit to be used against a future booking.
In the event of a swimming teacher being absent for a lesson, Egham Orbit are within their rights to change the swimming teacher to make sure that your lesson is covered.
In the event we are unable to provide a replacement teacher, we will credit the lesson to you. We will inform you as soon as possible of the change.
When your child achieves an award their swimming teacher will issue a “certificate & awards form”. Badges and certificates can then be purchased at reception (this is not compulsory). Awards are not included in the course fee.
If your child is ready to move up to the next stage, the swimming teacher will hand them a “Student Transfer Form” which you will then hand in to Reception. Your child will then be added to the movement list and you will be contacted by the centre regarding their progression onto the next stage.